Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, March 09, 2008

strings







Martin. These are good enough strings, and they really warm up with a little playing in but I thought they were quite a harsh sound at first though. Quite easy to bend with, despite not being the lightest gauge.

D'Addarrio Not so keen on these nowdays. Basic response on all strings but the G and D do hold up well - I find they are usually the first to go dull. 5 pack tin is cheaper then 5 individual pack. Martin Simpson is endorsed by D'Addarrio - I guess he needs a brighty string with his style and that fearsomely lovely Stefan Sobell guitar.

Rotosound 12's are strings I like now - great tone,also easier playing as the stripped windings at the bridge very slightly lower the action and make things a little smooother all round. I use them with a Takamine cutaway electro acoustic which always had a slightly snappy plugged-in tonal character,but using the CGs it is substantially warmer. The 11's are a bit light unplugged - better with 12's.
John Renbourne uses these and that's good enough for me.

No comments: