Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Joan Baez

JOAN BAEZ MUSIC

I first heard Joan Baez in the 1960's singing Farewell Angelina. As I had when I heard Bob Dylan singing Don't Think Twice I was bowled over by the guitar playing and vowed to play like them. Unlike Bob who moved away to become Bob Joan epitomised the protest of those days along with Pete Seeger and many thousands of others who wanted to change the world. Like many others including Bob Joan looks back to Woody Guthrie - too often uncredited with the immense influence he had on that generation.
Strange now, for the first time she is openly endorsing a candidate running for the office of President of the United States. She has chosen to endorse Senator Barack Obama. I haven't got her latest CD - Bowery Songs but I notice it has two songs that I also struggled to play way back then - •
Silver Dagger
It's All Over Now, Baby Blue

Both of them are classic Baez - you can hear samples on the site above.

No comments: