Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, May 25, 2008

to be or not to be


For a child - what is the most dangerous place to be in the U.K?
Frighteningly - the womb. According to Anne Widdicombe 200.000 unborn children have their lives terminated every year.
If that was a child mortality rate - or criminal figure the United Nations would be involved!
She went on to observe that of two children, out of the womb at the same time, in the same country one can have all the care, love and attention possible lavished on it while the other is left to die - unwanted and less than garbage. I don't have fixed views on abortion and tend, as many do , to wander about in the rather dangerous middle and undecided territory because I can see arguments for and against. Also I am am man and have no right to make decisions for another person's body in this sense. Perhaps I am, in maybe a cowardly way I admit , thankful that, as a man, I have never had to make such a terrible decision for I cannot imagine the emotional pain and grief it must be for some women who have had to.

No comments: