Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, May 25, 2008

the song the linnet sings


I have never actually seen a Linnet until one popped onto the seed pot on the bird table early on this morning.
At first glance I saw Sparrow until it turned and the red colouring showed. It is a pretty little finch and a bit like a Twite which very occasionally wander down from the hillside.
It didn't sing so I still have yet to hear its beautiful song reason it was kept as a cage bird by Victorians.
Since it has been under threat it is good to know there are some of these lovely little songbirds still around. I couldn't get to my camera in time so I have borrowed this photo from a superb photography site www.djsphotography.co.uk - hope they don't mind! Go see for yourself how to photograph wild birds!

No comments: